Re: [CBQ] Mark Twain Zephyr

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Mark Twain Zephyr
From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:50:46 -0500
George;

Thanks for the additional information.  Very interesting.  Your note
about the Magnolia location highlights a problem that we RR historians
have to be wary of.   Newspapers, while a primary source of information
in those days, were often responsible for reporting and re-reporting
substantial factual errors.  In general, information was much less
easily verified than it is today, and they went with what they had.
When comparing multiple accounts of the same event, it is amazing how
the stories can differ.

Thanks again.

Best regards, Rob Adams

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511