[CBQ] 5632 July 1960

To: Dhelec@aol.com, CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] 5632 July 1960
From: Q5632west@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:48:55 EDT
Greetings list:

Thank you to all who responded to my query about identifying an excursion of
the 5632 on the Twin Cities line in 1960, especially dhelec@aol.com who wrote:

>According to my records 5632 ran 3 times in the first half of 1960.
>
>May 1, from Chicago - LaCrosse
>June 4-11 Chicago - Lincoln
>July 2-4 Chicago - St.Paul

Given the way my family went through 12-exposure rolls of film, and given
that the print has a process day of July 1960, I'm inclined to think the photo
shows the July 2-4 excursion.  While the other responses were interesting as to
the other excursions, no one discussed the July trip.

My recollection from trackside at Oregon (and this is a lot of dead brain
cells ago) is that I photographed a ferry move from Chicago to St. Paul with
the
consist in reverse so it wouldn't have to be turned for the actual excursion
back to Chicago.  That supposedly explains the (CZ?) blunt-end dome observation
with its obs end right behind the tender.  I was nine at the time and didn't
learn the value of taking notes until later, so, can someone bail me out here?

And I trust everyone had a good time in Oregon last weekend.  Sorry I
couldn't be there.

Regards,

Bill Diven

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511