Re: [CBQ] Re: CZ Dome Observation

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: CZ Dome Observation
From: SilvrDome@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:21:52 EDT
The summer of 1956 publicity shot of the soon to be introduced "Vista Dome
Denver Zephyr" is one of my all time favorites.  From using my Opti-Visors
looking at various front and rear shots, it appears to be the following
consist-
(from rear to front)

Vista Dome Parlor Observation "Silver Terrace" KCZ 1953
10-6 Pullman Denver Zephyr "Silver Hollow"?, car positioned backwards
6-6-4 Pullman ARZ/BH 1953 (i.e. Silver Hyacinth, Silver Flower, etc.)
10-6 Pullman ARZ/BH 1953 positioned backwards (i.e. Silver Slope, Silver
Meadow, etc.)
Diner (cannot distinguish built date, backwards.)  (Not from 1953 however, no
sand fill flaps)
Vista Dome Chair Coach (TCZ ?) backwards
50 Seat Coach DZ 1956
Vista Dome Chair Coach (TCZ 1947) backwards
50 Seat Chair Coach DZ 1956
Baggage Car (Olympus?)
E-5B
E-5A #9912

What a great compilation of equipment laying over at the Chicago Coach Yard
to resemble a soon to be delivered "Denver Zephyr" for use by the company
photographer!

I am curious if Burlington ever produced a large format poster of this shot
from the rear view (as it appeard on DZ brochures.)?  I have been searching for
a number of years but have almost concluded only the head end "looking to the
rear" photo was massed produced.

Hubert