[CBQ] New BLI CZ Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] New BLI CZ Cars
From: "thommack" <mack@chmack.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 20:25:13 -0000
I went to the Broadway Limited Website www.broadway-limited.com and
they now have a section on the CZ cars. The say that they will
be "authentic" and the sketch they have is of a dome/ob with full
skirting, etc. Looks like we may have a winner here...

Now to a related question - has anyone started to compare how close
the CZ cars are to any "Burlington" lettered cars so we could
possibly re-letter the BLI cars for our Twin Cities Zephyrs, etc? I
have had a few off-line chats and started to research the
differences in my RPC CB&Q Budd cars book, but didn't get too far.
If anyone else on the list is already doing this or knows these
answers, could you please let the rest of us know? Otherwise, I will
continue to research to see how things look...but I'm by no means a
passenger car or consist expert. Just excited to have a full-skirted
true CB&Q Budd car on its way.

Tom Mack