Re: [CBQ] 1960 CB&Q excursion

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 1960 CB&Q excursion
From: "BRAD SLANEY" <bradslaney@wizard.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 07:13:39 -0700
1.   The hotel was the Edgewater Beach Hotel.  I think it's long gone now.

2.  The LaCrosse trip was an Illini Railroad Club trip (Maurey Klebolt, remeber
him?).  It was the best fan trip I ever rode.  The cost was 20 or 25 dollars,
big bucks for a high school student, and it included a steamboat ride in
LaCrosse.  We left Chicago at 9AM and made it back around 3AM.  The Conductor
from Chicago to Savanna was Fitzpatrick.  The Trainmaster who was on the trip
was Eugene Craven was was later General Supt.  The train was only 6 or 7 cars
including the Chief Illini Observation.  The 5632 running along the river at
night, at speed, in an indescribable experience.

BRAD