[CBQ] 1960 CB&Q excursion

To: JSteamernubes@aol.com, CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] 1960 CB&Q excursion
From: Q5632west@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 23:04:44 EDT
Greetings list:

I'm trying to date and further identify a photo presumed to show a deadhead
move of the 5632 and a passenger consist from Chicago to the Twin Cities.  The
process date on the original print is July 1960, so likely figure no earlier
than June.  I'm looking for the date of the deadhead move and the excursion,
details of the excursion, etc.

The consist looks to be in reverse order for the excursion so only the engine
would have to be turned.  The consist is a flat-end dome observation,
heavyweight coach, silver two-door baggage, and 3 more cars.  The last three
are
obscured by the smoke trail left by a locomotive presumably making at least the
75
mph authorized for passenger trains through Oregon, Ill.

I also note some fortunate soul appears to be alone in the dome sitting right
front taking in a glorious show.

Regards,

Bill Diven