Re: [CBQ] RE: clarification

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] RE: clarification
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:04:15 EST
 > What I don't know is whether they served 100% of their passenger miles on
> the CALIFORNIA Zephyr, as opposed to being "demoted" to one of the other
> Zephyr trains, before their being removed from passenger service.

I've seen a couple of shots of the F3's #9960-9962 ABC on the Kansas City
Zephyr. When they arrived the CZ was still 2 years way so they broke in on the
Expo Flyer.

I have in my slide collection a Blackhawk/Trains Slide showing #9961C the
caption on the slide reads as follows, "Fast running by the Twin City Zephyrs
near Alma Wisconsin" No date is given although the number on the slide is
685-13.
It appears to be in a set called "Burlington Highlights" Photographed by A.C.
Kalmbach. Although I'll never know for sure but I suspect that #9961C was on
a freight train instead of the Twin Cities Zephyr speedstar. In the slide the
train is not shown only the lead end of 9961B. The front pilot has the coupler
cover doors removed and the motors look a bit on the weathered side. But
again we'll never know unless someone finds a train sheet showing #9961ABC on a
Twin Zephyr. But think of it.. if it was the case those F's would have looked
really fine on the front of the TCZ!

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511