[CBQ] "Clover House" CB&Q decals (dry X-fer)

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] "Clover House" CB&Q decals (dry X-fer)
From: "gaedgar66" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 03:16:35 -0000
Clover House, for those not familiar with the company, is a small
family outfit in California (owner's name is Clover!) that's been
making detail parts & dry transfer decals since "75.  With no store,
outlets or web site, all sales are by mail.  They do have a nice up-
to-date catalog for $5.  I bring all this up as I am ready to place
an order but min. is $20 and since decals are relatively inexpensive,
I'm having trouble coming up with a $20 order.  So will describe the
Burlington sets here just so you know what's available.  If anyone
sees some they would like, contact me off-list & I could add to my
order, bring them to Oregon and re-sell them to you there (at the
cost of course; I'll just be happy to make the $20 threshold).
  (*this was when Burl, Cedar Rapids & Northern was owned 50% by Q)
  (+these are the heralds with intials inside bottom of the BR - used
for all frt cars blt or repainted til 1904 - lasted til WWI before
all reptd or scrapped)

Set #   Scale Road Name  era, etc                            price
7164-01  HO   B,CR&N*   28' reefer 1888 to ? blk/red letter  $3.25
7166-01   N    B&MR     34' box car 1887 to ?  w/b herald+   $2.75
    "    HO     "                 "           "              $3.00
    "     O     "                 "           "              $4.25
7218-01  HO    CB&Q     40' box car 1892 to ?  w/b herald+   $2.75
    "     S     "                 "           "              $3.00
    "     O     "                 "           "              $3.75
7344-01   N  D,T&FtW/FW&DC 34' reefer 1889 to ? w/b herald   $3.00
    "    HO     "                 "           "              $3.25
    "     O     "                 "           "              $5.00
7408-01   N   FW&DC     33' box car 1900 to ?   all white    $2.50
    "    HO     "                 "           "              $2.75
    "     S     "                 "           "              $3.00
    "     O     "                 "           "              $3.75
7408-01  HO   FW&DC     36' box car  1907 to ?  all white    $3.00
    "     O     "                 "           "              $4.25

There are also a variety of meat packers' reefers from 1900-20 era:
American Dressed Beef & Provision (KC), Armour, Jakob Dold (K.C.),
Kansas City Packing, Morrell, Reid Bro's Packing (KC),Wilson, Allcutt
(KC), Swift, St. Joe Packing, plus misc. companies located on Q
served cities: Lange Creamery (K.C. & St.Joe), Omaha Brewing, South
Iowa Coop Creameries & Heileman's (LaCrosse).  Several of these are
in multiple schemes.  There is also a set of chalk marks for
detailing the typical markings left by hoboes, carmen and switchmen
as well as Roman & Gothic car number sets and vintage signs for bldgs
and signs. and finally a "Zephyr Medium" alphabets in 1/8 & 3/16" in
white, black, gold & silver for misc use.  Again contact me off list
with questions, details of decals, etc.  Thanks, Gerald
(and no, I do not know Mr. Clover other than a phone call but used a
set of his decals before plus he has parts for scratch bldg not
readily available elsewhere).