[CBQ] CB&Q Model Railroads

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Model Railroads
From: James McDonald <jd_mcdonald@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 07:16:57 -0800 (PST)
Does anyone have a web site of their CB&Q model railroad they'd like to share?

I've got one started for mine--but the key there is _started_.  And the layout
is still in the construction phase (only staging trackage exists).

http://webpages.charter.net/jd_mcdonald/chicago.htm

I'm also trying to figure out exactly what cities and trackage I should model
that would make some sense.  I like big city scenes so I'd like to include
Chicago or some other big city on the list of cities passed by the RR.  Any
suggestions on location(s)?

My lower level staging diagram which shows how big the room is at:

http://webpages.charter.net/jd_mcdonald/staging.jpg

The long left wall is 19' long and the wall at the top is 14' long.

I'd like to have a large yard along the long wall on the left (upper level).

If this subject is inappropriate for this list, I appologize, and in that case
contact me off-line.

James McDonald

=====
James D. McDonald

"He made a lot of mistakes.  But he made mistakes in good directions, so
eventually he got to the right answers.  I tried to imitate him, but I found
out that it is very difficult to make good mistakes."  Goro Shimura