Re: [CBQ] re: Keil, why I model the Q

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] re: Keil, why I model the Q
From: drale99@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:20:15 EST
I lived on that RR when the shovelnoses were running.  My most vivid memories
are of the O-5s going through our whissle-stop at 55 mph.  I lived on the
branch lines also, and remember the K-2s.  I remember when those K-2s pulled
pasenger trains on the branch, and I remember when the gas-electrics (the
"motors") replaced the   passenger trains.  I remember riding those branch-line
passenger trains.  The conductor called the stations just like they did on the
main
lines, and that kind of train travel was exciting.  There's nothing left of
most of that -- hardly any signs that they ever existed.  Hanging onto those
memories is what train-buffing and modeling is all about for me.   It does my
heart good to know that anybody growing up in the east would be attracted the
the
beauty, the distinction. the excitement, and the flavor of the Burlington.  I
pity anyone who had to get his initial impression of railroading from the
Penn central!  (and what a tragedy!  --  the Pennsy and the NYC were great
railroads!)
Stay with us!!    Dale