[CBQ] re: Keil, why I model the Q

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] re: Keil, why I model the Q
From: "gaedgar66" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:51:52 -0000
Rick - Your words mean a lot to many of us I am sure.  Those who had
the good fortune of being born to families with Burlington employees,
and/or along the line & traveling it, have "in-bred" reasons to
collect, model and railfan the Q.  But the long term existence of
BRHS and the likelihood of more models, books, etc hinges on our
attracting fans, collectors & modelers who's only tie to the Q is
what they read in a book, saw @ a hobby shop or experienced @ a BRHS
meet.  As a Board mbr, I think we have to give a good ear to fans
like you and cultivate further converts, as it were, from existing
RRs.  We do have a BIG advantage over most though: Burlington is
still the 1st name of one of the "Big 4" and stainless, Chinese Red,
record-setting Zephyrs, preserved steam, blackbirds, no-2-alike gas
electrics, home built frt cars, Vista Domes, unique RR-issued
brochures and handouts, greybacks, excellent BRHS publications, etc.
Everywest AND Everywhere BEST!  Gerald