[CBQ] Re: Lou Menk

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Lou Menk
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:48:22 -0000
I always felt that the crews on the DZ 1966 and after had lost their
enthusiasm.  I remember one waiter on that trains dining car placing
a breakfast plate on my table knocking my silverware off of the
window side thereof and not even acknowledging that he made an error.

I will say that one progressive thing I saw on the DZ in those years
was a young black dining car steward who was quite friendly and
professional and enthusiastic about his job.  So the Q's
progressiveness in its passenger service was not totally demolished.

If Menk was behind that, then he has my respect.

sjl