[CBQ] 4960, 4963, 5632 stories

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] 4960, 4963, 5632 stories
From: "gaedgar66" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 01:55:04 -0000
Here's a site with a seemingly well documented story of the the 3 Q
steam locos, especially from the standpoint of Dick Jensen's
ownership of the last 2.  Any of our Chicago mbrs aware of any
inaccuracies or omissions?

       http://www.steamlocomotive.com/union/jensen.html

Purely nit-picking, they mention the # of Q steam locos used in fan
trip service but believe they are unaware that 1st trip was not in
50's but at least as early as 1937 when Aeolus (in shroud) was used
for trip from Chi to W. Burl to Galesburg & back!  I have a full set
of handouts from the trip from estate of a man who rode it & see
there is even a menu from the trip on eBay right now.  Gerald

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511