Re: [CBQ] commuter ?

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] commuter ?
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:36:18 -0600
Many dinkies made a conditional stop at the coach yards to pickup
employees..... does that qualify?
IIRC before the line elevation there was a station in the vicinity of 14th
Street.... and there was the temporary station at the west bank of the river
before the St.Charles Air Line Bridge was completed....and prior to moving
to the original Union Station there were stops at Van Buren, Indiana Avenue,
Blue Island Avenue, CC&IC crossing (Western Avenue area), Douglas Park,
Millard Avenue, Crawford (Pulaski).  The stops west of the river continued
until becoming redundant with the development of the West Side Rapid Transit
competition and the track elevation.
Stations at Lawndale and Pulaski Avenue were in existence after the track
elevation IIRC.  There was a branch up Crawford Avenue to a racetrack at
16th Street.
Charlie Vlk