Re: [CBQ] new 4-6-4 offer

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] new 4-6-4 offer
From: atsf3460@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:08:12 EST
I'm pretty sure this is a set that is made by IHC.  I suspect they've used
their USRA Mountain boiler and built a Hudson drive for it (the drivers look
very short and the wheelbase looks stretched out).  The cars are probably IHC's
own heavyweight cars which are pretty dismal.  Walthers is offering their
Rivarossi heavyweights in a Burlington scheme which ought to at least look
right
for the most part (the cars won't be accurate).  Finding a decent steam engine
in HO Scale is awfully hard without going to brass.  It seems like an odd
choice but one of the old Mantua Hudsons might make a good choice for a
Burlington
#3000 class.  With a nice paint job and the new Microscale decals it would
make for an okay stand-in I think.  It would would at least have sort of the
right proportions and be different than the NYC J1e Hudson from Rivarossi.

Mike Martin / Peoria Heights, IL