[CBQ] Re: NE 12 Caboose Question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: NE 12 Caboose Question
From: milepost206@mchsi.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:30:57 -0600
Scott and All,

Re: ..........."Randy - were you referring specifically to the NE-12s in
your email
below?"

Yes. And I was referencing MP206's Waycars book.

However, I just checked NE-13 paint & lettering and company builder
photos. No black roof walks. Checked original paint & lettering
drawings that are in OUR Waycars book and there are no photos of a black
walk. Maybe later a non-skid coating was applied to the steel grate as a
safety precaution. But not as built, in photographic history, or working
memory. But always keep in mind the railroad can do anything it wants
and did so with great regularity with no rhyme or reason. And often, no
purpose. Things just happen.

Would guess more likely dirt than paint in the original Waycars book
photos. A result of reproduction of B&W on uncoated paper and paper
yellowing from age. Something before the age of prepress scanners that
were not issues.

Regards,
Randy

>Message: 6
>   Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:33:01 -0600
>   From: "Myers, Scott V." <svmyers@southernco.com>
>Subject: RE: Re: NE 12 Caboose Question
>
>The photos I looked at last night, including some in the book Waycars of
>the CB&Q, appeared to show many of the silver waycars with a black
>roofwalk (although in some, it actually looked more of a brown color, so
>perhaps the silver quickly rusted).  I didn't look at the class NE-12s
>specifically, but at the silver waycars in general.  Interestingly, some
>of the photos did appear to have silver roofwalks, although I can't
>recall if they were only certain classes.  Makes me wonder if some
>classes of the silver waycars had black roofwalks while others had
>silver roofwalks.
>
>Randy - were you referring specifically to the NE-12s in your email
>below?
>
>Scott Myers

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: