[CBQ] Re: Heavyweight baggage cars

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Heavyweight baggage cars
From: jonathanharris@earthlink.net
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 08:51:59 -0800

>Looking for a close model to do a non-havelock heavyweight baggage car. Any
>suggestions?

In HO, NKP Car Company's recent release of the Q's Class BA-10 (2 versions:
w/ and w/o conductor's compartments) would be my first choice. I don't know
whether these are available now, but I hope so. They're VERY
Burlington-looking cars, appropriate for pre-WWI through the mid-1960s, and
would look mighty fine behind old 2943. If you feel a bit more flush and
want to spring for a piece of brass (NKP's cars have brass sides, of
course, but you gotta put'em together), there will be some nice imports of
slightly later heavyweights coming in the next year or so. And of course
there are the old Aurora Shops cars (if you can find any).

The photos of your models at the BRHS gallery, by the way, are beautiful.

Good luck,
Jonathan

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: