Re: [CBQ] New member, Old Telgrapher

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] New member, Old Telgrapher
From: "John Lewis" <CBQJohn@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:47:51 -0600
Seal-send-time: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:47:51 -0600
Paul,

I am going to chase UP 3985 tomorrow as it runs through Jefferson City, along
for the ride will be the retired Agent/Operator from Palmyra Missouri, Wayne
Beever.  He bounced around this area, but spent most of his time in Palmyra ...
I think he hired out on the Q in the mid 1940s and retired in the eighties...

Wayne took me under his wing at at he Palmyra (MO) depot around 1968/1969 and
first took me to West Quincy in 1976 (when I still had hair) ... once I earned
my drivers license, I used to hang out at West Quincy with one of my Dad's
golfing buds, Carrol Watts, one of the yardmasters.

Also have a few pix/memories of Hannibal when it was a real railroad town....

Drop me a line at cbqjohn@msn.com<mailto:cbqjohn@msn.com>

Regards,
John Lewis
Palmyra Missouri