[CBQ] RMC=Lee Co. Electric/CERA bklt for sale

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] RMC=Lee Co. Electric/CERA bklt for sale
From: "gaedgar66" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 22:44:01 -0000
The Feb. RMC has a great 11 pp pictorial story by Jim Boyd re: the Lee County
Central Electric that was a captive Q shortline til its
demise in 1972 (intact for another decade).  Included is a photo of the
interchange with the Q @ Binghamton, IL and a partial view of
40' box #61098.  At one time Boyd notes this line used a 2nd hand Q G-1.  Which
reminded me, I have a good used copy of the o/p
CERA Bulletin #48 (3-67) he cites as reference to the line - is 8&1/2 x 11"
heavy stock - 20 pp with 33 b/w pics (including 1 of the Q
0-6-0, #1326 still in Q paint; 1 of a Q dbl sheathed wood box in a consist & 1
of Q trussrod box #33726 with a Q 26000 series stock
car), map & good history from its beginnings as an interurban (of sorts!) in
1910.  All by Phil Keister.  Will sell to best offer by Jan. 11.
  Gerald Edgar
PS - I had forgotten til reading the article that 1 of the Lee Co. roads steam
locos, an 0-4-0T, was sold 2nd hand to the Illinois Midland
where it was seen during 4960 excursions down thru Millington where the IM
interchanged with the Q (1 of several  IL short- lines that
had the Q as their only outlet to the rest of the world).  When I 1st saw the
line in late 70's, a working semaphore still existed @
Binghamton for the interchange.  Wish I could have gotten that from the
scrapper when BN abandoned the line in "84!

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511