Re: [CBQ] American Central , WA&R, and IGT

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] American Central , WA&R, and IGT
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 09:39:33 -0800
Glen,

 From the "Corporate History of the CB&Q RR CO." by W.W.Baldwin

The "Western Air Line Railroad" was incorporated on February 9, 1853 and
acquired right of way from New Boston, Il easterly toward Lacon.
Construction was commenced but none was completed. On February 21, 1859
it's charter was amended to change the name to "American Central RY."

The "Camanche, Albany and Mendota RR Co." was incorporated on July 31,
1856 and was authorized to built from "Mendota to Albany" no
construction was completed. On June 1, 1859 it merged with the "Joliet
and Terre Haute RR" to form the "Illinois Grand Trunk RY"

On February 28, 1867 the "Illinois Grand Trunk RY" (new company) was
incorporated. It acquired by deed all property of the old IGT. On Oct.
1, 1870 the new IGT was leased to the CB&Q and later acquired outright.

Ken Martin
Merry Christmas

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511