[CBQ] American Central , WA&R, and IGT

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] American Central , WA&R, and IGT
From: "zephyr98072" <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 02:09:42 -0000
I ran across a couple of references to railroad companies that I
would like to identify.

There is a reference to the W.A.& R. Ry on the Galva to New Boston
line, that appears to indicate that this Ry bought the first R/W for
this line rather than the American Central.  There is a reference in
Overton's book that the American Central was chartered 15 years
before the line was built, but there is no reference to the W.A. &
R.  Has anyone heard of this Ry, what the initials stand for, and
when it was incorporated?

Also, on the line constructed from Mendota to Clinton, there is
reference that the R/W was purchased by I.G.T.  Does this stand for
Illinois Grand Trunk?  Does anyone have information on when it was
incorporated?  There is no reference by Overton to this company as
well.

Thanks,
Glen Haug

Yahoo! Groups Links