[CBQ] CBQ IC painted domes

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CBQ IC painted domes
From: "jworones" <jworones@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 05:51:48 -0000
Going back through Zephyr #47, I am intrigued by the IC painted CBQ
dome sleepers.
My interest peaked even more when I came across an issue of "Lines
South", the publication of the ACL and SAL Historical Society. In the
2nd Qtr 2002 there's an article covering Florida's passenger trains.
Included are photos of NP 314 and a CBQ dome sleeper at Auburndale.
No photo date listed.

A few questions:
Did these repaints always carry the initials of the owning road?

Did they always say "Pullman" on the letterboard or did they ever say
IC?

How long would it take to repaint them back to NP colors? Where would
they be repainted?

Did these cars have the side fluting? Or were they smooth sided?

Thanks!
Jeff Worones
Las Vegas, NV

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511