[CBQ] LIST NAME CHANGE

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] LIST NAME CHANGE
From: "Gene Tacey" <taceys@gpcom.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:15:44 -0600
First I apologize to John Lee who asked that this thread be stopped and to
move on. I agree, however I feel that I need to present some information to
help clear this up to some degree. First off I am not speaking for all the
directors. I contacted them but with the holiday season upon us most of them
were not available. I plan to have this on the agenda at the next board
meeting.

I went through all the previous minutes of the board since 1999. There are
no current issues by the board that I am aware of. There were concerns by
the board about the Web Site and the list. The concerns of the board were
that we were receiving complaints from members that the information on the
site was old and not being kept up to date. At the time Dave was trying to
do it all and it was a question of him not being able to spend the time
keeping the site up. We did find a new webmaster and as far as were
concerned that problem was solved. The list was another matter and the
concerns were who owned it. This was made clear that Dave had started it and
was the "owner". The boards concern with the list basically was where did
the board stand in relation to the operation and what was done with the site
and did we have anything to do with it's operation. The reason for the
concern is that a lot of issues were raised on the list that we were aware
of such as Bulletins not arriving yet, and other items that are directly
related to the BRHS not just to the list. We also received a lot of
inquiries from persons who got information from the site and then asked us
about it. Since we had no direct relation with the list we could only direct
them to someone else. The last time this was discussed at a board meeting it
was decided that we leave it as is and direct any questions we got to Dave.
We did want to get a number as to how many members of the list are BRHS
members but this was not an imperative issue and to my knowledge Dave was
never asked if this was available. I am a member of the list although most
of the time I just read them. Since I am a modeler a lot of the discussions
aren't that interesting to me. I agree with John Lee that the thread was
"off topic". I was interested in this as a modeler so went to the site he
suggested. After reading some of the stuff there I decided that I will let
the UP and the modeling industry work this one out!

If there are issues we need to address them as a board and work with Dave
and John to resolve them.

I didn't feel comfortable writing this because I do not want to make a
difficult situation worse. However, I felt strongly that I needed to address
this in some manner even though I may not be able to solve it. I know all
the persons involved and they are all good people. Dave and John have done
fine work with the list, the Web Site and in service to the Society. John
Mitchell has also done fine work and service for the Society.

This is a "Reader's Digest" version but hope it helps clear the air some.

Respectfully Yours

Gene Tacey

To visit your group on the web, go to: