[BRHSlist] Pictures

To: BRHSlist@YahooGroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Pictures
From: Bob Berry <bberry@terraworld.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:03:06 -0600
Just got a call from my mother after doing and extensive search for the
last year for a picture of a tower in Kansas City Missouri she found a guy
that has a couple of the pictures. It was actually a CB&Q owned
interlocking tower that was operated by the Kansas City Terminal that
directed trains in and out of the Union Station.  It also handled transfers
coming from in and out of  the North side of the Missouri River in Kansas
City.  Which was the CB&Q, Wabash (Later the Norfolk & Western) and the
Milwaukee Road.  She told me that this older guy had what she believed to
be over 15,000 negatives /pictures of railroad stuff.  Now I assume that
stuff is Railroad engines, cars and various buildings.  In my mind 15,000
of anything is a lot of STUFF.  Never the less I will be meeting with him
sometime after Christmas to take a look at what ever he has.  Mom was
telling me that she thought that he was more excited about me coming over
than I was to going over ( that has to be going some for that to happen)
Oh yea did mention that he is a retired CB&Q Hoghead (engineer).  So I'm
believing that I have hit the mother lode.  Now here is the reason that
sending out this e-mail.  If there is some particular picture that you are
looking for that he might have (or that I might ask about)  send me a
message over this form and I will what I can do but bear in mind no
promises no guarantee.  If there is a cost involved I will let you know
before I do anything.  Also keep in mind that I will not ask for something
like every Q SW-7 picture there is.  So send me what you are looking for
and I will see what I can do.
See mothers do know best.

Oh yea this is almost going to make me join BRHS, where do I sign up

Bob Berry

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511