[BRHSlist] Information Wanted on 1948 Abraham Lincoln Friendship Train

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Information Wanted on 1948 Abraham Lincoln Friendship Train
From: "robertjrueger" <robertjkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:51:47 -0000
Hello everybody,

This is my first post.  I am an O scale modeler and my layout models
the CB&Q at Grange, Ill around 1954.  I recently acquired a boxcar
that is number 36262, painted red, white, and blue and is named
Abraham Lincoln Friendship Train C.R.O.P., with Lincoln's likeness on
the side.  I'm trying to get information on this Friendship Train.  I
found an online excerpt from a 1948 article that said a couple of
boxcars were hooked onto the train, but that's all I know.  I'm
guessing it was a train that traveled, at least around Illinois, on a
goodwill tour in 1948.  I would greatly  appreciate any information
anyone would have regarding the history of this train, i.e., written
history, articles, photos, what pulled the train, etc.  Note: this is
not the Freedom Train, which also ran around this time.

Thanks much,
Robert

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511