[BRHSlist] CB&Q F3

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] CB&Q F3
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:56:52 +0000
Some time ago I had posted a question about passenger pilots for CB&Q F units,
as all Q Fs, except the FTs and F2s, had passenger pilots.  I have several
Stewart Q units with the standard F pilot on them and did not want to spend the
money for Highliner kits to replace the pilots.  I have found what appears to
be a source for this part, as Intermountain Railways has on their website,
listed as "accessories" HO F unit passenger pilots, part no. P44081, $4.95
each.  I have an Intermountain D&RGW F7, and the detail looks great.  I am
going to order several of these to see how they appear on Stewart and other
units.

BTW, Intermountain is also announcing on their website a new release of HO F3
units, and the CB&Q passenger F3s are in their first release.  I can't make out
much detail from the picture, but the F3s are Phase 2, have passenger pilots
and no dynamic brakes, as well as painted silver.  It looks as if we have a
great model of the CZ motive power coming soon.
- John Manion
  Denver, CO

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511