Re: [BRHSlist] Plum Creek Jct.

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Plum Creek Jct.
From: "Steven Holding" <s.holding@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:42:32 -0600
Bob

My 1967 track chart shows CTC was installed at Plum River in 1946 west to MP
143.5 with Savanna Tower at 143.68 Just West of the overhead bridge.  The
Second Main for the Double Track Rule 251 started at MP 143.21.   The chart
for the tower use to be in the back room at the Little Q in Aurora.   The
C&I Dispatcher use to line the CTC signals to come off the Eastbound to
single track and then down the Pea Vine to Galesburg after the tower was
closed.  Orders were picked up with the crew change at the Savanna Yard
Office near where the tower is shown.    Operations on the Pea VIne were by
Train order untill the CTC was put in and from Savanna to St Croix via Rule
251(Double Track Automatic Block) current of traffic with a clearance and or
train order.
A lot of the signal location do not show up on the track charts
sjh