Re: [BRHSlist] Re: What's a "gyra-light"?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: What's a "gyra-light"?
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:21:28 -0800
Bcc:
Back in the early to mid 1960's, I spent many a night riding in one of the
dome cars, usually the very first one, between Chicago and Denver on the DZ.
The head light lit up the country side while everyone else slept, the figure
"8" swaying of the light was mesmerizing -  and burned the memory in my mind
to this very day.

I was fortunate to own a super 8 movie camera and took over 400 feet of film
inside the dome during on several different trips. I tried to film some of
the night scenes, but as I recall, I really didn't like the way they came
out - too dark other than the lights. Haven't looked at it in years.

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA

Crave some Miles Davis or Grateful Dead?  Your old favorites are always
playing on MSN Radio Plus. Trial month free!

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511