[BRHSlist] HO E6 To E5 Conversion Kit Status

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] HO E6 To E5 Conversion Kit Status
From: Paul Kossart <kozys@insightbb.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 01:08:16 -0600
Hi all,

It seems like a couple years ago now, a company announced they were coming out
with a conversion kit to make the Proto 2K, E6 motors into Burlington E5's.
IIRC, at the time you were able to sign up or something so that when they
became available you would be notified via email.  Well it's been quite some
time since this announcement, and I don't even know if you can get the E6's
anymore, at least easily.  I never did receive a message stating that these
conversion kits had become available and had wondered on their status, and not
recalling the name of the company I had no way to check.

Well tonight I discovered the company web page by accident while reading
another list.  The company is Delta Models and I looked under future releases
to see if the conversions kits were still in the pipeline.  Well they were
mentioned but they have been put on "indefinite delivery status" by Delta.  You
can read the entire announcement at
http://www.deltamodels.bigstep.com/generic.jhtml?pid=28

I wasn't aware that the product had been put on hold and find it slightly
irritating that those of us who had left our contact info waiting to be
notified of its eventual release, weren't notified when it became put in limbo
aka "indefinite delivery status".  That works out OK for me though as I was
waiting on the conversion kit availability before I purchased an E6 A/B set.  I
have also since found out that the 5's were all gone by 1969, the year I'm
modeling.  AND, I never knew what the price was going to be for the conversion
kit but figured it couldn't be too much since, after all, it's just made from
resin.  Well, the price is now stated at the above link and let's just say, the
amount is WAY higher than I had ASSumed it would be for just some resin parts.
So it sorta worked out OK for me that all things considered now, I won't be
needing this item.

Take care,

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy"

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511