[BRHSlist] Re: How does an F40PH work?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: How does an F40PH work?
From: "wollffee" <wolfee@onebox.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:22:09 -0000
Yes, thanks, one more thing.  Air compressors.  It seems to me they
would consume a lot of horsepower making compressed air whether it
was needed or not.  Do they have a clutch, or something, that
disengages when there is no demand for more compressed air?

Well, ok, TWO things.  The fans.  Like on GP's or (I guess) any other
locos.  Do they blow exhaust out or fresh air in?  Both?

btw, the FP40 did have a standby setting that reduced rpm to 725 for
use in station stops and an idle setting of 275 rpm when it was
parked.

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511