[BRHSlist] Re: Oil or Coal

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: Oil or Coal
From: William Barber <clipperw@EarthLink.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 11:09:30 -0600
I would agree with your assessments except for KC. Most if not all of
Q's operations in KC were handled by coal burning locomotives, both
north as well as eastbound. Other RRs into KC (remember there were 12
or 14 RRs there at one time) operated both coal and oil burning
locomotives into KC. Santa Fe, Rock Island particularly westbound, Katy
and others used some or all oil burning locomotives there.

Bill Barber

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511