Re: [BRHSlist] 4960 Sidelined with broken rod?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 4960 Sidelined with broken rod?
From: Mike Gardner <gardnermc@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 08:08:27 -0800
I had not heard that, but that doesn't make it untrue.  The Grand Canyon
Railway operates the 4960 and a Consolidation so you won't be out of
luck in riding behind steam even if the 4960 is down.  Check the Grand
Canyon Railway's website at www.thetrain.com for curent schedules and
information.  They do not operate steam in the winter.

Mike Gardner

GEU30CG@aol.com wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I was chatting with a good friend recently and he commented that all the Q
> fans must be saddened to hear of 4960 being sidelined with a broken rod on
> the
> Grand Canyon Railway.  It may have happened in early September?
>
> He seemed to think the locomotive could be repaired.
>
> I may have missed this being mentioned on the list.  Does anyone have more
> details?  I am thinking of a Canyon tour next year.
>
> Darren Ferreter
> GEU30CG@aol.com

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping