[BRHSlist] Re: Main Line/Mendota Sub Questions

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: Main Line/Mendota Sub Questions
From: "Bob Knoll" <FriendlySP@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 15:31:52 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Campbell" <amtrak347@a...>
wrote:
> Does anyone have an old track profile Aurora-Galesburg showing an
> elevator track off main #2 at MP 87.3/87.4?  I believe it was
called
> Harr.  Was wondering what year it was removed?
>
> Also, did main #3 extend all the way from Galesburg to Wataga at
one
> time?  If so, was Bishop (approx. MP 157.5) created when main #3
was
> shortened to that location and what year?  I have an old photo
> showing an eastbound O-5 sitting on what appears to be main #3
just
> west of Wataga, but I'm not exactly sure of the location.
>
> RC

I've got a complete set of CBQ Alignment Charts on which the most
current entries appear to be around 1930 +/-.

At that time the only spur near the MP you reference was a stock
track at Clarion at MP 87.74. It ran off the south (eastbound if
right hand running) track and connected at the east end.  It was
just west of an 8x8 box culvert at MP 87.72.

Also on these old charts the third main ran all the way between MP
155.38 (where there was an interlocking tower)and MP 162.14. There
was nothing at MP 157.5.

Bob Knoll
Tucson

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511