Re: [BRHSlist] Re: 1960s HO boxcar idea

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: 1960s HO boxcar idea
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 20:36:44 +1300
Mark

There are photos of the XM-4 boxes (#47500-48299) in Mike Spoor's "CB&Q
Color Guide" (page 58 et sec), including an example of the last 10 cars
which had Transco sides (closely spaced vertical ribs)

47500-47799 were built at Havelock in 1963 (which suits your time period). I
don't have a construction date for the second group 47800-48299, although
they do all appear in the 1966 ORER.

The Color Guide also shows examples of #49000-49399 built in 1966 to the
same specifications and classified as XM-4B's, and #49400-49799 also built
in 1966 as XM-4C's.  It notes that this latter group was the only one with
"waffle" sides. Was there a Class XM-4A?

Hope this helps

Rupert