Re: [BRHSlist] P2K E-7's and DCC

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] P2K E-7's and DCC
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:21:44 -0600
I just did two E8's for a friend. I would suggest using the Digitrax
DH163. The standard harness model is fine. Digitrax has an installation
sheet for putting a decoder in a E8 on their web site. The E7 is not
much different. Toss the Life-Like bulbs and buy some Minitronics 14w
bulbs. You will also remove the Life-Like circuit board. You'll need to
ACC the bulbs in the correct place. This will get the bulbs closer to
the lens which makes the Mars light look much better. Plus you'll need
to save the shrink tubing from the Life-Like board or get some of your
own. You'll also need some double sided foam tape to secure the decoder.
Take your time on the first one and you'll get the second one done in
half the time.

Bill

gfandwrr wrote:

> I have three P2K CB&Q E-7's that I hope to convert to DCC.  Digitrax
> mentions changing the wiring configuration on the plug for the mars
> light but makes no mention of any need for resistors, etc, in the
> electical path to the light.  I called LifeLike and the fellow I
> talked to didn't have a clue.  Suggestions please.
> Robert Nelson
> Granite Falls & Western RR
> Whiteville, NC

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.