[BRHSlist] Silver Garden and Patio

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Silver Garden and Patio
From: "Ed DeRouin" <Ed@pixelspublishing.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:48:33 -0000
After reading the thread on this list, I compared the Walthers
model to the S. Garden and Patio page in the CB&Q diagram
book last night. Here are my observations (no pun intended!).

1.) The model is patterned after the CP and Wabash car.

2.) The model is close to the subject cars and differs in these
respects:

    A. A variation in windows occurs on both sides near the
vestibule. The model has smaller windows whereas the protype
had a single larger window. All other windows are very close if
not exact.

    B. The model lacks the skirting because Walthers was not
doing the CB&Q car. Several of you have offered excellent
workarounds.

    C. The letter board of the model refelcts the CP style. I suggest
that you obtain an out-of-production Union Station Product kit and
you might find smaller corrugation to apply to the Walthers car.
That is what I intend to do.

While you may feel that Walthers is ignoring the CB&Q market, in
reality they are not. The only thing I can say is to finish a few
Sunshine kits, detail your Genisis locomotives, and build a
CB&Q structure or two. Who knows what time will bring?

Regards,

Ed DeRouin

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping