Re: [BRHSlist] Dispatcher's phone recordings

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Dispatcher's phone recordings
From: PSHedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:10:04 EDT
Tim and listers

You order the CD's from   Tom  Garrett   PO Box 11331  Spokane, WA 99211....
Send him a check for $25.00 he will send the CD's.

I was up past my usual bedtime last night listening...They are all good...I
just finished listening to CD 4 over the lunch period...It's my
favorite...Involves a dramatic little vignette with a train in the Cascade
Tunnel.  The
balance of No. 4 as described in the accompanying material is train sounds made
at
Scenic in 1963...You can hear Tom, about age 6, and his Dad talking...also a
few humorous remarks from various train crew members in and out of the depot.

It's railroad talk as I knew it 40 plus years ago...

The track profile and GN map are very helpful in following what is going on
in the conversations...You miss something if you don't have these materials in
your hand and follow where the trains are and what is going on as you listen.

Pete

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!