Re: [BRHSlist] re: 1898 barrel & furniture cars

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] re: 1898 barrel & furniture cars
From: "Steven Holding" <s.holding@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:19:09 -0500
Gerald

In the era you are taking about most grain was also shipped via bags.  Pre
automobile saw a lot more oats grown  and hay shipped to cities for the
horse and livery trade.  If you had money you had your own stable out back.
Cement was another commidy shipped via sacks with often one job at a
construction site just to pickup and clean the sacks for return
sjh