Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Con-Cor PZ - TRUE!

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Con-Cor PZ - TRUE!
From: jkohl <jkohl@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:21:13 -0700 (PDT)
>>>My friend at the local hobby shop said that Con-Cor was advertising the
North Shore unit in an attempt to feel the crowd out about demand.  I guess
Con-Cor didn't receive enough orders to justify production.<<<

Yes, that's what my friend said, but this is a rather silly tactic to
use...almost a bait-and-switch.  "Yeah, we're going to produce this, so make
your order..."  just to have the rug pulled out, and as someone else
mentioned, possibly stop another company who may have been considering
production of the same unit.

We have an example of that here...John was talking about possibly building a
small amount of Zephyr units for us here on the list, and got a good
response.  Now does John decide to drop the project if Con-Cor *says* they
will start building them?  Personally, I'll support John who decided to do
it because of his enjoyment of CB&Q than from a company who might just be
asking to guage demand.

Cheers!

computer security consultant
The Pits - http://www.theuspits.com
Castle Graphics - http://www.castlegraphics.com

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20.
Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM