Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Sanborn Insurance Maps for K Line

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Sanborn Insurance Maps for K Line
From: Harold Huber <sarge9usa@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:15:26 -0700 (PDT)
All,
Please remember that the Sanborn maps were made for buildings, use a second
source for track, I have found many wrong.  Buildings and data about buildings
are correct.  These maps were used for insurance purposes.  Track was never
covered by insurance and is only a depiction.  Again, use a second source for
track and if the second source disagrees with the Sanborn map the second source
is correct and the Sanborn map is wrong. User beware.
Harold Huber
Dugway UT.
Research Librarian

hkraichely <hkraichely@yahoo.com> wrote:
--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Weber" <eng95@c...> wrote:
> I googled 'sanborn maps' and got this web page
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/EART/snb-intr.html which lists some
libraries that were offered copies of duplicate maps and atlases.
You might try some of these.

> Map and Geography Library
> University of Illinois
> Urbana, Illinois 61801
>
> Elmer Ellis Library
> University of Missouri
> Columbia, Missouri 65201
>
> State Historical Society of Iowa
> 402 Iowa Avenue
> Iowa City, Iowa 52240
>
> Or go to http://www.umi.com/products/pt-product-Sanborn.shtml and
select 'Request a free trial' or just google on your own and pick
what ever works for you.

> Bob

Bob:

Thank you I will give these a try.

Hank

Sanborn
> maps for several towns along the line.  Does anyone know a source
for
> the maps?
>
> I have tried the public libraries in the St. Louis area but they
> can't afford the service.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hank
>

>       Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20.
Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM