Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Fwd: The original color number (tint, hue, etc.) of t

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Fwd: The original color number (tint, hue, etc.) of the Bu...
From: Ayodele Rivers <ayodelerivers@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:44:06 -0700 (PDT)
My name is Ayo Rivers. Thank you for your reply. I am looking for the color
number of the Burlington Route Train that retired as a Burlington Northern
train # 10331, this train used to run through Brownville Nebraska and retired
in 1864 as the Burlington Northern # 10331. I have only been able to find out
that when this train was the Burlington Route the original colors were gray and
red, but my project is to find out the specific color numbers (hue, tint, etc.)
and what company manufactured the paint provided for this specific train. Thank
you for helping me find out this information.

-Ayo Rivers

jsteamernubes@aol.com wrote:
We would need a particular time period and train to help out here.  For
example, if memory serves, the Hannibal & St. Joe RPO car from the 1880's has a
cream yellow finish on the sides of the car.
       When bright colors became less fashionable because of exhaust from
coal-fired engines, the shift was made to Pullman Green paint, a mixture of
green
and black, no longer obtainable, but was a Dupont Dulux product, No. 88-4558,
I think.  It may be ordered special from auto refinishing paint stores, but
verify that number.
       At Mid-Continent Railway Museum, a systematic collection of paint
samples from 25 locations was made on MLS&W car 63, built in 1888 and restored
over the past two years.
       Sample areas were photographed and data sheets completed while
individual samples were stabilized in resin for microscopic analysis.  Some 29
applications of color and varnish had been made to car 63.
       The car is restored in a canary yellow with tan trim over light green
trucks.
       I hope this helps a little.  It's not an easy question to answer.
       Jim Neubauer

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM