[BRHSlist] Re: An old question

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: An old question
From: "thommack" <mack@chmack.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:36:52 -0000
As I recall (haven't since the picture, but if memory serves
correct) these were the same two-way intercom units that we used
when I was a volunteer fireman on our aerial ladder trucks. The unit
is an all-weather hands free mic/speaker combination. All you had to
do was talk into it and it was voice activated. Worked quite well
for communication from the tip of the ladder back down the the
operator on the turntable. I can recall seeing them in some loco
photos and thinking - hey, this makes sense since you don't have to
key a mike, they work well even when there is a lot of ambient noise
(such as on a fireground or locomotive), and they are impervious to
weather.

Tom Mack

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM