[BRHSlist] Help needed: Q heavyweight passenger decals

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Help needed: Q heavyweight passenger decals
From: "zephyr9903" <zephyr9903@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:01:29 -0600
Fellow listers:

I am getting ready to submit a new set to Microscale covering the standard
heavyweight lettering used from the early steel period to the introduction of
the "ribbon" cars (already covered by MicroScale.  Thanks to Bill Glick's
books, I have all needed info for this . . . BUT I would like to do a second
set:

During the '30s, the Q's prime heavyweight trains carried the train name on
the letterboard - these included the Aristocrat, the Blackhawk and (confirm
or deny???) the Ak-Sar-Ben.  I have no photo of an Ak-Sar-Ben car, which I
need for spacing . . . but there is another serious problem:

I cannot locate a complete listing of which car names/numbers carried which
train names.  Also, I have photos showing "Pullman" sublettering at the ends
of the letterboards, but did non-Pullman equipment have "CB&Q" or variation
sublettering?  How about head end cars?  As you know, I don't like to do a
decal set which does not include full info on applications (If someone wishes
to apply the decals to Athearn shorties or what have you, fine & dandy - but
I don't want to leave the more serious modeler on his own -)

So:  Can anyone help with a listing of train-named cars?  Photos will also be
welcome!  Please help me make these decals as useful as possible!

Marshall Thayer
Mt. Pleasant, IA

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM