Re: [BRHSlist] NE-13 Extended Vision Waycar #13593 in Princeton, IL

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] NE-13 Extended Vision Waycar #13593 in Princeton, IL
From: "zephyr9903" <zephyr9903@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 22:49:09 -0600
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 03:11:42 -0000, cbq_bill wrote
> CB&Q NE-13 waycar #13593 is on display in Princeton, IL.  As many of
> you have seen, it is painted red with a silver stripe running down
> the sides (kind of like a "photo negative" of the CB&Q's silver w/red
> stripe paint scheme).
>
> Princeton's Rotary Club has adopted as a project the repainting of
> this waycar, probably into the original silver scheme with the red
> stripe.
>
> Are paint diagrams with dimensions and the DuPont paint numbers
> available anywhere for the NE-13?  Will these be in the upcoming
> Waycar Book?
>
> Illinois Railway Museum has an NE-12 in a similar scheme, are the
> same DuPont colors used for both NE-12 and NE-13 waycars?
>
> The Rotary Club appreciates any info from BRHS for this waycar
> project.  A dual BRHS/Princeton Rotary Club member can be contacted
> at r2hay@theramp.net.

Bill -

You have a real problem there, because the NE-12 and NE-13 stripes, heralds
and end panels were not painted on - they were ScotchLite (tm) appliques.
The base color was standard duPont metallic aluminum.  CB&Q red was the same
duPont number as Santa Fe warbonnet red, and black is simply black (I can't
give you numbers, because I no longer have my research files.)

Anyway, you won't find painting diagrams for the silver waycars, because it
wasn't paint.

Marshall Thayer
Mt. Pleasant, IA

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511