Re: [BRHSlist] Stingy or not Stingy?

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Stingy or not Stingy?
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:29:50 -0500
The Challenger is an example of everbody making the obvious choice at one
time. (the basic loco was used by three different railroads, which is
unusual for any steam design.....the CB&Q / B&LE / DM&IR 2-10-4, while in
your and my eyes a equally good choice, is not running now so does not have
the potential of the Challenger.
 Rivarossi was working on upgrading their version (it is ironically on the
cover of the Walthers 2004 catalog), Lionel made it their choice for their
first quality HO steamer, and Athearn decided to try it.  My bet is that
Marklin, with their having 80% of the parts already tooled from the Big Boy,
will announce the fourth one at Nuremburg this winter.  And don't forget the
Bowser loco which is still available.
Charlie