Re: [BRHSlist] Stingy or not Stingy?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Stingy or not Stingy?
From: jkohl <jkohl@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 07:17:23 -0700 (PDT)
>I am just echoing what I have heard from a number of importers and<BR>
>manufacturers.... I, too, make value judgements and have a limited
hobby<BR>
>budget (somewhat more than other people because I have no other interests
to<BR>
>divide the available funds)...<BR>

Yeah, that is one problem that I have.  Multiple hobbies.

>I value good information, however... that photo collection may or may not
be<BR>
>a good deal... depends on what the images were and their quality.  The
$700<BR>
>set may have been a much better value.....<BR>

Very true.  One photo of a long-lost locomotive or building could be worth
quite a bit.  However, the person didn't advertise anything like that, and
my big objection was that the seller's greedy initial decision was that his
photos should go for $700.

Concerning manufacturers...

Some of them seem to shoot themselves in the foot anyway.  I mean, there are
what...5 companies now doing the Challenger?  How many do we need?  Yet
nobody is doing a nice 2-10-2 or 2-10-4, which was probably more prevalent
than the Challenger anyway!  So, we get overloaded with one type of
locomotive, and nobody does another type.  I would almost guarantee if
somone did a really nice 2-10-4 in a few different roadnames, they'd clear
the initial run in no time!

Cheers!

Jan

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low
prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM