Re: [BRHSlist] NKP Car Kits

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] NKP Car Kits
From: "zephyr9903" <zephyr9903@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:24:04 -0600
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:23:42 -0700, Ray Bedard wrote
> Does anyone know if NKP Car Co have any of the 40 ft RPO/Baggage
> #1300 and  the 47 ft RPO/Combine #3003 available?

Oooooh!!!  You're talking about my FAVORITE mixed-train car on the Q -  I
lived two blocks down from the Q entrance to Washington in 1948-52, and there
was always one of the CF-7s on the tail end.  I was 6 to ten years old at the
time, and that squatty little car told me that the Lionel Manhattan Pullmans
looked REAL!  (The hopelessy stretchy pullmans on the MILW and CRI&P going
through town were obviously fakes.  Between the 70s and the 90s, I kitbashed
three CF-7s from Athearn Pullmans with increasing attention to accuracy . . .
looking for the version that would finally be good enough for an article -

So now that was all wasted effort, huh???

Marshall Thayer
Mt. Pleasant, IA

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low
prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM