Re: [BRHSlist] Original paint schemes for early Q (diesel) yard switcher

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Original paint schemes for early Q (diesel) yard switchers
From: "zephyr9903" <zephyr9903@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 15:09:10 -0600
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:40:04 -0500, Rob Adams wrote
> Marshall;
>
>  Thanks!  That information prompts further questions.
>
>  If one were to model this scheme in HO, would a dulux gold steam
>  locomotive set supply the appropriate lettering, or is there a
> better way to go about it?  (i.e. is there a set of decals for that
> scheme)
>
>  When was the blackbird scheme first applied to newly-delivered
> diesel yard switchers and which engines were the first to be
> delivered in that scheme?

Now we get to the hard part, Rob -

My Microscale "small steam" set will give you the heralds and numbers . . .
but the hood-side BURLINGTON will probably have to be hand-set from a Roman
alphabet because the actual lettering as I recall is not nearly as extended
as passenger lettering.  The end initials/numbers should be the same as in
the Microscale switcher set, but duluxe rather than black.  You'll
probably "come real close" rather than getting it dead on.  As for when the
WOTZ/EW scheme first appeared on new deliveries, I no longer have my research
files, but I think it was the SW-1s . . .

Marshall Thayer
Mt. Pleasant, IA

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low
prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM