Re: [BRHSlist] Heavy Weight Cars In HO Available

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Heavy Weight Cars In HO Available
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 23:06:18 -0700
I looked in Glicks "Passenger Cars of the Burlington", as far as I can
tell the Pullmans are correct and were used on Burlington trains. Before
1949 of course the cars were owned by the Pullman Co. and could run
anywhere.  After 1949 when the courts broke up the Pullman operation and
cars were sold off, the Burlington did not buy any of these two types of
cars. After buying the cars the RR's leased them back to Pullman so they
still ran in many trains. The 8-1-2 type had some cars named for early Q
officials: John M. Forbes, Charles L. Perkins, George B. Harris, and
George W. Holdredge.

The coaches on the other had are not correct for the Burlington, they
are a New York Central design and have 22 windows. The Q 6100 coaches
had 23 windows and the 4500 chair cars had 18 windows. Also the
branchline car has a straight letter board while the Q cars had a rib
running lengthwise on it.

Ken Martin

Paul Kossart wrote:

> Check this out, people:
>
> <http://www.branchline-trains.com/blueprint/passengercars/main.htm>
>
> I wonder how accurate?
>
> Paul - "The CB&Q Guy"
> {

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low
prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM