Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Billings Montana Question

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Billings Montana Question
From: Jim's Junction/ John & Debbie Olson <trains28@bresnan.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:44:11 -0600
The name "The Nightcrawler" was an affectionate nickname given to #29 & #30
since a lot of the trip between Denver and Billings was during the night-
both ways. It stopped at every town and 'sort-of' town along the way so it
seemed to take forever to complete the trip. This was all 'dark' territory
and everything ran on train orders. Sometime in the early 20's or 30's the
train was called "The Shoshone" but it didn't last being named that very
long.

   John Olson
   Billings, Mt.

> From: "wollffee" <wolfee@onebox.com>
> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:24:34 -0000
> To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: Billings Montana Question
>
> How about no. 30 from Billings to Denver?  I've heard it referred to
> by those who rode it as "The Nightcrawler".  Was that an official
> name, or simply a nickname applied by those who rode it?

Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM